My name is Beth Hernandez. I live in San Antonio, TX with my husband and three children, ages 5 (son), 2 (daughter), and newborn son! In general, I am what many would consider an extreme extravert, though God seems to be balancing that more lately. Though my husband and I feel most at home when our house is filled with people and our schedule is busy, we have learned to set a few emotional boundaries to keep our health and relationships stable! By trade I am a secondary Math, Science, and English teacher. Currently I am a homemaker who tries to keep her toe in the broader Education field through tutoring and short term, very part time contracted teaching positions (like a summer program called Jumpstart through the University of Texas system or some private school affairs). I home school my oldest kids, which is great fun! I love to read and share what I’ve read with others. I enjoy writing, and I am learning to share that with others. My husband and I are an active part of our church community.

This blog is a place for my memoirs and stories. My hope is that it will be a place for people to find encouragement. Life is hard, but I believe there is meaning behind both the exciting and the mundane. I believe that great joy can only be known after enduring and conquering great trials. I believe in laughing at myself and allowing myself to be human. I believe that I am accountable for my actions, and that grace and loving-kindness lead me to repentance. Repentance is the willingness to accept where I am wrong and respond by choosing what is right. I believe in absolute truth, because without it there is no meaning.

If you are reading this blog, I hope you will find that you are not alone. Someone else has said it or done it or endured it, and there is hope beyond it!



This entry was posted on 8:25 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: